Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

My 3 year old was sick off and on last week; I had him home with me lest he got everybody else sick in preschool. And when he is home, my housework (i.e., laundry, dishes, errands) all pile up. Then I play catch up as soon as everybody is asleep at night! Which left me with barely enough time to stamp.... ugh! Could have been worse (smile) but I managed to stamp some heart cards in time for Valentine's Day!

The first one was the easiest to make. I had the whisper white cardstock shaped from SU's Top Notz die so I figured I'd better use it. I also used traditional Valentine colors in red and white. Came out simple and pretty.



My second card is a bit more complicated, what with the different layers I used. The base cardstock is Pink Pirouette, all the designer paper is from SU's Bella Rose. The stamp set is SU's Love You Much, which I don't have... so thanks to Kay for lending me her set! I also used the following: (other stamp) Holiday & Wishes; (ribbon) Michaels' grosgrain ribbon; (tools) 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, Martha Stewart lace punch, scallop scissors, markers.



For my third card, below, I used a red heart shaped doily as my centerpiece. If you noticed, I used the same Lovey Dovey stamp from SU's A Little Something set. I stamped it with Basic Black ink to match everything else. I was too lazy though to add dazzling diamonds.... Oh well. The background stamp is called Italian Poetry, could have been by Inkadinkado. The sheer black ribbon is from Michaels.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin