Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birthday Party Favors for a Gymnast

Hi there! One of my friends asked me to create a birthday party favor for her daughter who turned 10. Her daughter Heather happened to be a gymnast. Unfortunately for me, Stampin' Up does not carry any gymnast stamps. I resorted to Google and found several images I thought appropriate for Heather. I created three samples for my friend to choose from and the Fancy Favor Box was the one she chose. We put M&Ms in them... lookie at how everything came together!

The big 56-ounce bag of M&Ms were from Costco.

Heather's favorite colors were blue and teal. I suggested adding yellow and gold to break the monochromes. I used Pacific Point and So Saffron cardstocks. The square lattice embossing folder added a rich texture to the box front.

I also used the Modern Label punch for the labels and the small Star Punch for added glitter. The yellow rhinestone came from Martha Stewart, I think. I used the Scallop Edge punch for the handle and attached it with mini gold brads. I produced 35 Fancy Favor Boxes for Heather's party. My friend later told me that all her guests were so happy to receive their treats and wanted to know where she got them... lol!


If you have questions, please feel free to email me.... Thanks for stopping by!


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin