Thursday, August 26, 2010

Favor Box with Island Floral DIe

Hi there! Back in July, I made this cute favor box after seeing the pretty flower on page 155 of the new Idea Book and Catalog. I ran cardstocks in Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, Summer Sun (retired) and Old Olive thru the Big Shot (you need this!) to come up with the flower. I was not happy with how it looked like so I ran the die cuts thru the Big Shot again, this time I used the Manhattan Floral embossing folder. And tada! my flower petals came out with more texture....I put a metallic rhinestone brad through to hold the petals together. The finished flower became the centerpiece of my favor box....


Top view:

More closeup:


The Big Shot really came in handy for this project. I used the Square Scallop Die, the square lattice embossing folder, the Manhattan Flower embossing folder, and the Island Floral die.
To make the box, I used another SU demo's pattern, I have to apologize because for the life of me, I can't remember who it was. So sorry! If I recall correctly, you cut a piece of cardstock measuring 10" x 5 1/2". Score at 1", 4 1/2", 5 1/2", and 9" on the long side of the cardstock. Fold at score lines. Then score at 1" and 4 1/2" on the short side. Fold at score lines and cut on the edges to make the box. Then make two of the square scallops that you attach on the top and bottom of the box. Decorate the top as you wish.
If you change the colors of your cardstock, you can make this box fit any occasion. I used one like this for my son's 5th birthday (without the flowers of course) and everyone gushed over it... lol.
I hope you like it! Have a great day!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin