Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fabulous Friend



Hi! A wonderful friend of mine is coming to visit at the end of June. She is what I call a fabulous friend - someone who listens without making any judgments or criticisms. She has three older children and I love how she imparts bits of wisdom to me; after all, she's ahead of the journey called motherhood. When she's around, she works her schedule around mine, and she simply takes charge of my kids to allow me some breathing space without even taking credit! So my precious friend, this card is for you...

The base cardstock is Riding Hood Red. I used the same color to ink or color in the rose image so that everything matched with the Bella Rose DSP colors. There's a piece of vellum on top of the Bella Rose DSP - it's meant to mute the DSP so that the focal point would be the lovely rose image from the Fifth Avenue Floral set. I also ran that same piece of vellum thru the Big Shot Texturz Plates 1, the polka dots pattern. I did that so that the vellum will have a bit more dimension instead of being flat. The result however is difficult to see in this picture! I also drizzled a bit of dazzling diamonds on my rose. Note that the rose is multi-layered... for an added touch!

Stamp: Oval All, Fifth Avenue Floral

Ink: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black

Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White cardstock; Bella Rose DSP

Accessories: SU's 5-petal punch, scallop oval and large oval punches, vellum, Big Shot, Textured Plates I, red ribbon from Michaels, SU dazzling diamonds.

Thanks for looking!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin